Wakefield Course Description
Located a stones throw from the Capital Beltway, Wakefield Park offers racers a fast and super fun course that includes twisty single-track hiking trails, wide doubletrack trails, a little pavement, and several shallow stream crossings – a perfect course to kick-off the SBYB series.
Course Length: 5.5 miles OR 10.0 miles
$40 – New year by 1/6/19
$45 – Early by 2/3/19
$50 – Regular by 2/28/19
$60 – Race day
$45 – New year by 1/6/19
$50 – Early by 2/3/19
$55 – Regular by 2/28/19
$65 – Race day
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, professional race operations, wonderful volunteer support, awesome aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
7:30 – Check-in opens
8:50 – Pre-race brief
9:00 – Race starts
9:30 – Post-race food available
10:30 – FREE Kids Race*
10:45 – Awards (top 5 in each category) and sponsor give-a-ways
* Kids race is for ages 2-11. We split into age groups and run a short out and back ‘race’. Kids who participate can pick from the Treasure Box.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
8100 Braddock Rd.
Annandale, VA 22003
From Interstate 495:
- From Interstate 495, take the Braddock Road exit going West.
- Wakefield Park entrance is located less than ½ mile from the 495 exit.
- Take a right into the park and follow the signs to race parking and check-in.
- Portable music players or any device requiring earphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- There are no cut-off times.
- Pets and pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.