Schaeffer Farms Course Description
The trails at Schaeffer Farms are super fun and wonderfully maintained and include twisty single-track, open field running, stream crossings, and several steep hills. Mostly known as a mountain biking destination, Schaeffer Farms has tons of semi-technical terrain that trail runners love.
Course Length: 4.9K miles OR 10.5K
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, professional race operations, wonderful volunteer support, awesome aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
6:30 – Check-in opens
7:50 – Pre-race brief
8:00 – Race starts
8:30 – Post-race food available
9:30 – FREE Kids Race*
9:45 – Awards (top 5 in each category) and sponsor give-a-ways
* Kids race is for ages 2-11. We split into age groups and run short out and back ‘race’. Kids who participate can pick from the Treasure Box.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
Button Farm Living History Center
(Staging Area – RACE DAY ONLY)
16820 Black Rock Road
Germantown, MD 20874
From Interstate 270:
- Exit 15B Rt. 118 West. Follow for approx. 3.7 miles.
- Turn RIGHT onto Black Rock Road and follow for approx. 1.3 miles.
- Turn RIGHT into the Button Farm Living History Center.
- Follow the signs to the huge fields behind the farmhouse. This is a working farm with roaming animals, especially around the farmhouse. So, please drive SLOWLY at all times on the farm.
- Portable music players or any device requiring earphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- There are no cut-off times but we ask that walkers do not enter these races.
- Pets and pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.