Blue Crab Bolt @ Schaeffer POSTPONED to Sat, 8/5!
Hello Schaeffer Blue Crab Bolt Racers,
After discussion and careful consideration with park and farm management, given the confidence and timing of the wet and stormy weather we are going to receive today and tomorrow, I am disappointed to inform you that the BCB2 race scheduled for tomorrow, July 29, 2017 has been postponed and rescheduled to our rain date, Saturday, August 5, 2017.
The current weather forecast is calling for a 100% chance of thunderstorms starting midday today and continuing through early Saturday morning. Between 2-5 inches of rain is predicted to fall and a flash flood watch is in effect from 2pm today to 2pm tomorrow. In addition, winds are forecasted to increase throughout this entire weather event.
Racing in these conditions and parking vehicles in the grassy parking areas increases safety concerns and would cause significant damage to the fields and trails.
OK, so now what? All registered racers have the following two options:
1) Show up and RACE next Sat, 8/5/17. If you were registered for the race on 7/29/17, just show up and race. Start times will remain the same. There is nothing more you need to do, just show up, check-in, and race.
2) Receive 100% RACE CREDIT – If you are not able to race on 8/5/17, then reply to this email by MIDNIGHT THIS MONDAY, JULY 31, 2017 requesting a credit to a future EX2 race. You may also send request to firstname.lastname@example.org . REQUESTS FOR CREDIT RECEIVED AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL NOT BE HONORED. After this deadline, we will assume you are racing and plan our supplies and materials accordingly. Upon notice, we will cancel your registration and send you a coupon code for the full amount you paid for the race. You can use this coupon code to register online for any 2017 or 2018 EX2 race. The coupon code is valid for one year.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we look forward to seeing you on 8/5 for an awesome day out on the trails.