BYB2 @ Hemlock POSTPONED to Sun, 3/26!
Hello Hemlock Spring Backyard Burn Racers,
After careful consideration, given the current conditions on the ground and the confidence and timing of the wet weather we are going to receive tonight, I am disappointed to inform you that the SBYB2 race scheduled for tomorrow, March 19, 2017 has been postponed and rescheduled to our rain date, Sunday, March 26, 2017.
We scouted the race course and the grassy parking areas this morning. The sun-drenched parking areas were drying nicely but most of the trails were still covered in snow. There will be significant melting today but the trails will be a complete muddy mess tomorrow.
The forecast over the next 24 hours is now calling for up to ½ inch of rain tonight, followed by snow showers in the morning. Parking cars in grassy fields and racing in these conditions increased safety concerns and would cause significant damage to the fields and trails.
OK, so now what? All registered racers have the following two options:
1) Show up and RACE next Sun, 3/26/17. If you were registered for the race on 3/19/17, just show up and race. Start times will remain the same. There is nothing more you need to do, just show up, check-in, and race.
2) Receive 100% RACE CREDIT – If you are not able to race on 3/26/17 then reply to this email by MIDNIGHT THIS MONDAY, MARCH 20, 2017 requesting a credit to a future EX2 race. You may also send request to email@example.com. Upon notice, we will cancel your registration and send you a coupon code for the full amount you paid for the race. You can use this coupon code to register online for any 2017 or 2018 EX2 race. The coupon code is valid for one year.
OK, everyone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we look forward to seeing you on 3/26 for an awesome day out on the trails.